Popular Daily Fresh News
Popular World Watch
- Malaysia opens first Victoria’s Secrete lingerie store
- Gangnam Style, Dissected: The Subversive Message Within South Korea's Music Video Sensation
- Why a Malaysian bought a Swiss watch brand and kept it Swiss
- WSJ Marketwatch: "Design Matters: Harnessing the Power of Design for Your Brand"
- Goodbye, Facebook, and thanks for all the fish…
|Malaysia ads claiming model gets paid for sex enrage|
|Friday, 22 June 2012 01:22|
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian women’s rights advocates and university students have banded together in their unified anger towards recent advertisements in the country that tell viewers model Joey Cheah gives sexual favors for money.
The ads also put her picture and her phone number on the displays, which rights activist Mariam Chu told Bikyamasr.com should be considered a criminal offense.
“This woman is a model, a professional and for the companies to put her phone number on public and tell people she gives sex for money should be a crime and many years in jail.”
She said in today’s Malaysia, such actions are “despicable” and “should be silenced by government and police action.”