Media Watch Category
Popular Daily Fresh News
Media Watch 2012
- A Final Farewell to Tan Siang Lin
- Now 9 Million Viewers Can Get To Enjoy Free Satellite TV!
- ADEX Set To Slow In 2012
- Dentsu Media Malaysia Starts Next Week!
- TrapperMPG Awarded Mersing Laguna Project
- Leslie Lopez to join The Edge
- Astro Sparks TV Revolution With 37 Free TV And Radio Channels!
- Universal McCann Study Urges Businesses To Get Personal
Media Watch 2011
- ESPN STAR Sports & Astro brings the first-ever 3D BPL live telecast to Malaysia
- Television Overtakes Newspapers in Adex First Time in Malaysian Advertising History?
- MRCA and 8TV Collaborate to Honour Local Entrepreneurs
- Your chance to name Astro’s Pay TV Portal & win an iPad2
- Catcha Media Appoints Co-Founder As CEO
- Malay Mail Nails The News As It Is!
- Anirban Ganguly joins OMG
- Star World Brings Celcom and Pos Malaysia as the Hits Keep On Coming!
|Catcha Media Appoints Co-Founder As CEO|
|Thursday, 01 December 2011 23:31|
Catcha Media Berhad has changed its leadership team. Mr Kensuke Tsurumaru, who has served as CEO of Catcha Media since 2010, will be replaced by Mr Patrick Grove, who is current a non-independent non-executive director of Catcha Media.
Said Dato’ Larry Gan, Chairman of Catcha Media, "The internet and new media environment are moving so rapidly, we felt the company needed to engage a more dynamic and entrepreneurial leader to navigate it through the coming aggressive growth period."
"Mr Grove’s vast experience operating high growth businesses in this part of the world and his recognised ability to lead such organisations will be of enormous value. Having Mr Grove move into this executive role and beefing up the calibre of management in this manner affords Catcha Media with success", he continued.
Patrick Grove, the largest shareholder of Catcha Media’s majority shareholder, Catcha Group Pte Ltd, (where he is the current Group CEO) and is a co-founder of Catcha Media. He was appointed to the Board as a non-independent non-executive director in October 2010. In 1997 he graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance from University of Sydney, Australia and he is also a chartered accountant, a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia.
As a co-founder and major shareholder of Catcha Group Pte Ltd, Catcha Media’s majority shareholder, he has built a number of media and internet-based businesses in Asia and has been independently recognised with numerous international awards such as Global Leader of Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum, New Asian Leader by the World Economic Forum, Young Entrepreneur of the Year by the Australian Chamber of Commerce, Singapore and Top Entrepreneur under 40 by Business Week Asia.
He says, "I am extremely excited to be taking on this challenging role. I look forward to driving the company aggressively into a new phase of growth. With our dominant position in magazine publishing, exciting partnership with MSN and recent acquisitions of Hauteavenue.com (which is in the midst of completion) and the terms sheet signed for our acquisition of Carlist.my, we are building an asset base of excellent new media properties. I’m excited about driving the business to the next level."
Outgoing CEO, Mr Tsurumaru will remain with Catcha Media as an Executive Director and will work on integrating acquisitions such as Hauteavenue.com and other special projects.