Media Watch Category
Popular Daily Fresh News
Media Watch 2012
- A Final Farewell to Tan Siang Lin
- Now 9 Million Viewers Can Get To Enjoy Free Satellite TV!
- ADEX Set To Slow In 2012
- Dentsu Media Malaysia Starts Next Week!
- TrapperMPG Awarded Mersing Laguna Project
- Astro Sparks TV Revolution With 37 Free TV And Radio Channels!
- Leslie Lopez to join The Edge
- Universal McCann Study Urges Businesses To Get Personal
Media Watch 2011
- ESPN STAR Sports & Astro brings the first-ever 3D BPL live telecast to Malaysia
- Television Overtakes Newspapers in Adex First Time in Malaysian Advertising History?
- MRCA and 8TV Collaborate to Honour Local Entrepreneurs
- Your chance to name Astro’s Pay TV Portal & win an iPad2
- Catcha Media Appoints Co-Founder As CEO
- Malay Mail Nails The News As It Is!
- Anirban Ganguly joins OMG
- Star World Brings Celcom and Pos Malaysia as the Hits Keep On Coming!
|ABC Malaysia On New Mission|
|Wednesday, 14 September 2011 18:44|
Providing a standard currency across all media platforms for the industry is the key goal set by the new council of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for 2011-2012, with Unilever’s Chan Sheow-Vern as Chairman and Crush Communications’ Karthi Palaniasamy as Vice-Chairman.
ABC is a self-regulatory auditing organisation responsible for the verification and dissemination of its members’ circulation data and other relevant information for the benefit of the advertising community.
“In a roller-coaster economy with marketers tasked with justifying advertising expenditure, it is critical for media vehicles across all platforms to subscribe to an audit,” says Vern. “Advertisers want accountability with verifiable figures to chart their reach accurately.”
One of ABC’s chief goals is to establish standard formats and methods for ascertaining net sales figures for print media, and obtaining accurate information on listenership, viewership, and ownership of other media, including digital media.
“Advertising and marketing is a lot more complex and challenging – and exciting at the same time,” she adds. “ABC is thus far the only independent body to provide a comparable measurement for print media with audited and ABC-verified circulation numbers in Malaysia and globally. In the integration game, it makes a lot of sense to have an authorised association provide a standard currency across media platforms for marketers to make the right decision.”
Concurrently, ABC is working closely with affiliated associations, including the Association of Accredited Advertising Agents of Malaysia (4As), Media Specialists Association (MSA), and Malaysian Advertisers Association (MAA), in encouraging clients and agencies to demand that the print media provides audited circulation numbers.
Last year, the Malaysian advertising expenditure recorded a 16 per cent increase for a total market value of RM7.7 billion. Magazines tracked by Nielsen Media Index registered a 9 per cent growth among a little more than 20 titles, while ABC audited more than 50 magazine titles.
“Our immediate task for this year is to get 80% of magazine titles to be audited,” declares Vern. “We’ve also developed a special subscription rate to encourage publication groups to have their titles audited. We believe that magazine titles audited and verified by ABC value integrity and transparency, and we’re honoured to be working with them over the years and they continue to be our members.”
How Halal are you?
Everything you wanted to know about Halal Marketing but were hesitant to ask!
Date: 20 September, 2011
Venue: Royale Bintang Hotel, The Curve, Mutiara Damansara
Contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588,