Media Watch Category
Popular Daily Fresh News
Media Watch 2012
- A Final Farewell to Tan Siang Lin
- Now 9 Million Viewers Can Get To Enjoy Free Satellite TV!
- ADEX Set To Slow In 2012
- Dentsu Media Malaysia Starts Next Week!
- TrapperMPG Awarded Mersing Laguna Project
- Leslie Lopez to join The Edge
- Astro Sparks TV Revolution With 37 Free TV And Radio Channels!
- Universal McCann Study Urges Businesses To Get Personal
Media Watch 2011
- ESPN STAR Sports & Astro brings the first-ever 3D BPL live telecast to Malaysia
- Television Overtakes Newspapers in Adex First Time in Malaysian Advertising History?
- MRCA and 8TV Collaborate to Honour Local Entrepreneurs
- Your chance to name Astro’s Pay TV Portal & win an iPad2
- Catcha Media Appoints Co-Founder As CEO
- Malay Mail Nails The News As It Is!
- Anirban Ganguly joins OMG
- Star World Brings Celcom and Pos Malaysia as the Hits Keep On Coming!
|MRCA and 8TV Collaborate to Honour Local Entrepreneurs|
|Monday, 24 January 2011 19:03|
For the second year in a row The Malaysian Retailer Chains Association (MRCA) and 8TV organized and hosted the MRCA 8TV Entrepreneur Awards night in which the achievement of many successful Malaysian entrepreneurs was celebrated.
The Awards night, held last week at the One World Hotel Ballroom, showcased a night that was graced by Yang Berhormat Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah, Deputy Minister of Higher Education and leaders of the industry who have built valuable brands. Three entrepreneurs who shone brightly as they were handed out the awards were:
Entrepreneur of the Year - YBhg Dato’ Steven Sim Leong Thun of Secret Recipe Cakes & Café Sdn Bhd
Most Innovative Entrepreneur - Madam Christy Wong Ming Fai of Baagus Curtain Sdn Bhd
Up and Coming Entrepreneur - Mr Adnan Lee Chong Fatt Bin Abdullah of MBG Fruits Sdn Bhd respectively.
The 16 nominees this year included, Mr Liow Ren Jan of AYS Sdn Bhd, Mdm Christy Wong Ming Fai of Baagus Curtain Sdn Bhd, Mr Lai Sia Ling of Econsave Cash & Carry Sdn Bhd, Mr Andy Goh Tong Yong of Fujihome Global Berhad, Mr Lim See Tat of Kakimotor Sdn Bhd, Dato' Dr Chai Kee Kan of KK Supermart & Superstore Sdn Bhd, Mr Richard Woo Poh Sun of Little Taiwan (Franchise) Sdn Bhd, Mr Adnan Lee Chong Fatt Bin Abdullah of MBG Fruits Sdn Bhd, Mr Albert Chan Huat Cheng of Megaman Electronic & Lighting (M) Sdn Bhd, Mr Sunny Yap Foo Seong of PCQ Hair & Beauty Products Sdn Bhd, Ms Stella Lim Bee Choo of S2 Slimming, YBhg Dato’ Steven Sim Leong Thun of Secret Recipe Cakes & Café Sdn Bhd, Mr Teh Kong Yam of Shins Corporation Sdn Bhd, Mr Wilson Too Chong Hang of Station One Products Sdn Bhd, Tan Sri Dato Seri Fumihiko Konishi of Sushi Kin Sdn Bhd (Sushi King) and Mr Ricky Thye Kok Lam of 101 Hair Care.
Each award nominee received a two minute feature on the 8TV Mandarin News every Thursday, a repeat run on the 8TV Midday Mandarin News every Friday, and special mentions on the 8TV Mandarin News, which is the number one prime time Mandarin News. Apart from that, nominees also received television promotions worth RM100,000 on 8TV and exclusive write-ups on each nominee in the partner newspaper Nanyang Siang Pau. Nominees also obtained highlights in MRCA publications and website.
“The MRCA 8TV Entrepreneur Awards has given positive exposure to all entrepreneurs and their companies. This is mainly due to the extensive media exposure that all nominees received, and of course, the dedication and hard work of the entrepreneurs.” said Ms Lam Swee Kim, General Manager of 8TV to ADOI magazine, “The Malaysian retail industry has grown to greater heights, thanks to these talented people who dared to dream!”